This building is one of the first buildings entirely in steel in Turin. The project by architects Levi-Montalcini, Bardelli, Hutter and Morelli, dating back to 1958, included volumes arranged on parallel strips: the linear 28m high body houses small classrooms on the first floor and offices and departments on the four levels above. A block of lower height (14m) intended for medium-sized classrooms is connected to the main one by means of glazed bodies dedicated to distribution and the series of large classrooms adhering to the main body. Palazzo Nuovo has been the subject of criticism since its construction due to the courageous inclusion in a historic urban fabric. Over the years it has been adapted and restructured but only recently all the fixtures of the facade have been replaced with frameless Invisio windows.